Munda Biddi update: gravel test ride with bike fully loaded

Time is flying and it is nearly the 15th of April. Only 11 days to go! I need to get organised with some last things but the bulk of stuff is pretty much done.

Last Sunday I went for a 100km gravel ride, testing the bike and the bags. All worked out decently well and gave me the opportunity to fix the few minor things that were needed.

Ground conditions are very difficult. The lack of rain in the last 6 months made the gravel roads very loose and sandy. Riding on them is like floating at the moment, without much grip. However, the choice of 50mm tyres was very good and I managed to prevent many falls on Sunday.

The bike I will be using is a Giant revolt 1 from 2014. It has an aluminum frame and it is quite heavy compared to the others. I got attached to this bike because I bought it second hand in 2022, 2 or 3 weeks before the race SeVen in Nannup. I have never ridden a gravel bike before then and SeVen was my very first gravel ride. It was quite a scary experience by then.

Since then, the bike has been modified a lot and I am proud to say that I did all the jobs on my own. From the original set up, only the frame, fork, handlebar and rear brake caliper are original. All the other components were replaced. During this operation I had to learn a lot and I became a quite decent mechanic now.

PS. Do not forget my fundraiser, here are the details: https://gofund.me/ae7d4661
I really hope Gianluca, from up there, will help me to complete this course without many injuries :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Munda Biddi adventure for "Vivere per Amare"

The adventure starts tomorrow

It's classic, not plastic