News from Perth

Finally I have got some free time to write something.
Let's start saying that it is very hard to get used with a different
country. Actually, it is the same thing that I thought when I was in the
USA and in the UK :)
My discover of Australia is going on very slowly. I have got some
problems with my back, but it was an excuse to get together with
different people. I started to visit a physiotherapy centre and my
therapist is a big Croatian/Italian/Australian guy who is able to speak
three different languages and fix the back of the people in the same
time. It was funny when I started the therapy with him, when I told him
I am from Rome, he answered that his father was born in Rome, then moved
to Trieste and finally lived in Croatia. He is just an example, cause
most of the people, here, have a similar background.
Justin, my therapist, reminded me a lot Igor, my advisor professor
during my studies in the USA, he was from Croatia as well and the way to
speak some Italian words was the same.
In the office the things are all right, even though the economy crisis
changed a bit the objectives of the company for this year.
By the way, the atmosphere is very nice: rarely I feel under pressure
even though there are some problems as in all the offices of the world.
The positive thing is that the company organises a lot of social events
which we can take part to for free. Next coming event is the Christmas
dinner and I am looking forward to it, cause we are going to spend it on
a boat ! Actually the bad use of walking with no shoes is becoming a
sort of rule as we are not allowed to wear shoes on the boat :)... Just
kidding, but, seriously, I still do not understand how the people can
walk, go to the grocery stores, an do other things without the shoes !
That's all for today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Munda Biddi adventure for "Vivere per Amare"

The adventure starts tomorrow

It's classic, not plastic